Build Inner Peace with the Third Eye Meditation
By Carol Tuttle,
Creator of The 3-Minute Chakra Test
If you really want to build a sense of inner peace that's impervious to most hassles, dramas and even a fair share of traumas, why not try a regular does of third eye meditation?
This simple meditation technique takes your focus off the monkey mind nonsense that can be a real brain drain, and puts it right where it belongs: within your greater, more expansive awareness. Want to give it a try? It's really simple, here ya go...
Third Eye Meditation
As with any sort of meditation, in order to get the most out of the Third Eye Meditation, you'll want to be sure to have the following:
- About 15-20 minutes of time.
- A quiet space where you wont be disturbed.
- A seating position that keeps your spine straight and your body comfortable.
- Patience to keep bringing your focus and attention back to your meditation whenever it wanders.
Once these 4 things are in place, you can begin. Here's what you do...
- Start with three deep breaths. These will help you center and focus yourself.
- Bring your attention to the center of your brow. You can even lift your eyes (underneath closed eyelids) up a little to kind of 'look' at your 3rd eye.
- Use your imagination. Here's where the fun begins :) Use your imagination to perceive (either by feeling or seeing) your breath literally coming in and out of your 3rd eye.
- Keep returning to focus. Every time your attention wanders, simply return your thoughts back to feeling or seeing the breath move in and out of the space between your eyebrows.
- Feel the pulsing. Now you're going to really start to feel as if your brow area is pulsing with the rhythm of your breath.
- Be with it. Just stay with this sensation as long as you'd like or until you know you have to move on to something else.
When you do the third eye meditation regularly, what you'll notice is that your perception of your life, the circumstances around you, other people and even the experiences of your 5 physical senses will move from ego-based subjectivity to a broader, more detached awareness.
Related Article: Free Meditation MP3s for Health, Wealth & Success
(at) mindpowernews.com / Privacy
Mystery Gift with any Donation to Mind Power News!