27 Inspirational Quotes for Overcoming
By Tony Robinson / Do Really Good
Fear is something that we all deal with, and it can prove to be crippling if you let it. I’ve talked about how I feel about failure, but just in case you’re struggling with it, I’ve put together this list of quotes to help inspire you.
I know that may be a reason why you’re reading this article, because you want inspiration. So I’m hoping this will do it for you.
I just want you to know that the it’s okay to fail. No, it’s a good thing to fail. Because it means that you’re trying. It’s mean you’re giving effort. It means you’re taking action. A life with little struggle is a life with little success. Embrace failure. Understand that it’s a necessary thing on the path to success.
I really believe that when you feel that resistance, you feel the fear, that’s when you know it’s something you should do.
So below are some of the best quotes I could find. Save these nuggets of wisdom and come back to them the next time you feel afraid of failing.
1) “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
2) “Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titanic.” – Anonymous
3) “Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything – all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure – these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.” – Steve Jobs
4) “Don’t be afraid to fail. Don’t waste energy trying to cover up failure. Learn from your failures and go on to the next challenge. It’s OK to fail. If you’re not failing, you’re not growing.” – H. Stanley Judd
5) “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible: the fear of failure.” – Paulo Coelho
6) “I’m intimidated by the fear of being average.” – Taylor Swift
7) “You’ll always miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
8) “Forget about the consequences of failure. Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success.” – Denis Waitley
9) “I really don’t think life is about the I-could-have-beens. Life is only about the I-tried-to-do. I don’t mind the failure but I can’t imagine that I’d forgive myself if I didn’t try.” – Nikki Giovanni
10) “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up” – Thomas Edision
11) “Before success comes in any man’s life, he’s sure to meet with much temporary defeat and, perhaps some failures. When defeat overtakes a man, the easiest and the most logical thing to do is to quit. That’s exactly what the majority of men do.” – Napoleon Hill
12) “Failure is not a single, cataclysmic event. you don’t fail overnight. Instead, failure is a few errors in judgement, repeated every day.” – Jim Rohn
13) “Remember that failure is an event, not a person” – Zig Ziglar
14) “I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate.” – George Burns
15) “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.” – Theodore Roosevelt
16) “There is no failure except in no longer trying.” – Elbert Hubbard
17) “If you’re not failing every now and again, it’s a sign you’re not doing anything very innovative” – Woody Allen
18) “I don’t believe in failure. It is not failure if you enjoyed the process.” – Oprah Winfrey
19) “Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.” – Denis Waitley
20) “There is no such thing as failure. There are only results” – Tony Robbins
21) “Success is not built on success. It’s built on failure It’s built on frustration. Sometimes it’s built on catastrophe.” – Sumner Redstone
23) “Failure after long perseverance is much grander than never to have a striving good enough to be called a failure.” - George Elliot
24) “One who fears failure limits his activities. Failure is only the opportunity to more intelligently begin again.” – Henry Ford
25) “Most people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure.” – Napoleon Hill
26) “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one.” – Elbert Hubbard
27) “Failure is success if we learn from it.” – Malcolm Forbes
Related Article: The 60 Second Fix For Panic Attacks
Free Mystery Gift with any Donation to Mind Power News!