Laughter Meditation: How to Feel Great Every Day for the Rest of Your Life
In this article, Im going to reveal to you how to feel great every day for the rest of your life.
That might sound too good to be true so stick with me here. By the end of this article, youll completely understand and be able to feel great every single day from today onward guaranteed.
Heres what you must understand We, as humans in all of our sophistication are really simple beings in one sense.
Here is the big idea for everything we do, we do it to seek pleasure and avoid pain. Go ahead I dare you try in vain to find a counterexample. You wont find one.
Everything you do, you do it to get more pleasure and/or lessen pain. This seems obvious enough, doesnt it?
When have you felt the absolute best feelings in your life? Im willing to bet dollars to donuts that you felt pretty sensational after you found yourself laughing hard either at a funny movie a friends joke or while listening to a comedian. Maybe somebody played a practical joke on someone in the office and you laughed yourself to tears.
Have you ever laughed so hard that you were left rolling on the floor with uncontrollable laughter? Im not talking about the kind of laughter where you chuckle or give a phony laugh at your boss telling you a lame joke. Im talking about downright, pee-your-pants laughter where youre doubled-over and your stomach hurts from laughing so hard. The kind of laughter where someone says something funny and you blow milk through your nose kind of laughter.
This is essential for you to understand in order for you to feel great every day for the rest of your life.
Ok, so you felt pretty great after laughing pretty hard, didnt you? Very good, I can see you nodding your head now as you sit at the computer reading this article. Thank you.
Every day, people plunk down money to feel good. In a moment Im going to give you a surefire way to do this plus my method is FREE. People buy a ticket to a comedy movie to go laugh and feel good. People purchase a ticket to a comedy club to laugh and feel good. People trade jokes in the office to laugh and feel good.
Are you seeing a pattern here yet? When people laugh, they feel good and get pleasure. Most people need some sort of external stimulus to tickle their funny bones and make them laugh. Well, Im here to say that it isnt so.
You can laugh anytime you want to, for as long as you want to, as hard as you want to, with self-hypnosis. Remember, self-hypnosis is simply the science of controlling your brain. Its nothing magical or mysterious.
The goal here is to allow yourself to laugh as hard as you possibly can for fifteen minutes. You can go for longer periods later on.
1. Be uninterrupted. First, find a place where you will not be disturbed. Take the phone off the hook. Tell the kids youre off-duty for the next fifteen minutes.
2. Physically relax. Now, sit down with your arms and legs uncrossed. Or if you prefer, lie down on your back with your arms and legs lying flat on the bed. Make yourself as comfortable as humanly possible.
3. Give yourself permission to relax. Now close your eyes. Tell yourself internally, In the next 15 minutes, Im going to allow myself to remember all the times where I felt outrageous, side-splitting laughter. Im going to laugh as hard to improve my health and well being. I give myself permission in these next 15 minutes to laugh myself silly so that I feel great for the rest of the day. (Now mind you, you dont need to have this word for word. Simply repeat the gist of what Im saying here.)
4. Mentally Relax. Count backwards slowly from 10 to 1. With each passing number, give yourself suggestions that youre becoming more relaxed, youre sinking down deeper into self-hypnosis, and youre about to feel great. With each passing number, suggest to yourself that youre doubling your relaxation.
5. Relive Past Hilarious Experiences. As your sitting or lying there relaxed now, float back in time to a place and time where you see yourself laughing hard even uncontrollably. See that picture clearly. As soon as you find that experience, step into it. Relive it through your own eyes. Hear what you and the other people are saying. Feel the good feelings in your body. And if you feel it, begin to laugh right now.
6. Relive More Past Hilarious Experiences. Continue to relive other past experiences where you laughed yourself silly by reliving them. See what you saw, hear what you heard, and feel what you felt. With each experience, amplify your laughter.
7. Intensify The Laughter. Now if youre laughing pretty well and would like to ratchet up the intensity so you can laugh harder, you can give yourself what are called in hypnosis deepening suggestions. When you have a really good laughter going, you can give yourself the following suggestion, In a moment, when I open and close my eyes, Im going to remember some of the funniest jokes that Ive ever heard and will laugh harder than I ever have. Then open and close your eyes and let the suggestion kick in. Another suggestion is When I touch my finger to my forehead, I will double my laughter. Then ever so slowly bring your finger toward your forehead letting the anticipation build up as youre still laughing. Then when you finger touches your forehead, youll burst out into even more intense laughter.
8. Jumpstarting The Laughter (If Necessary). If you have trouble getting started laughing, take heart. Sometimes people condition the laughter out of us. Thats ok. Well just recondition you to laugh freely and easily. Thats what were doing here. Were retraining you to laugh and feel good. So heres how to get started if the above process didnt work as well for you. Do everything I suggested above except I want you to do it with a fake laugh at first. Hey, I know it is silly. But Bucko, Im teaching you how to feel great every day for the rest of your life. Its worth feeling a bit silly for. Anyway, start out with a fake laugh. (Fake) laugh out loud as you recall past experiences that you truly find humorous. Continue to fake laugh. Dont fake chuckle. Fake laugh. Pretty soon, your brain will convert that fake laughter into real laughter. You might start laughing at the fake laughter or you might remember what it is like to really laugh.
9. Give Yourself Therapeutic Suggestions (Optional). Ok, work yourself into near hysterical laughter with the intensifying suggestions. Now, in the midst of the uproarious laughter, think about something that bothers you or a challenge youre having in life. And then give yourself this suggestion; If I can laugh about this, it has NO power over me whatsoever! Im totally resourceful and will conquer this! Through this laughter meditation, youre really in a state of deep self-hypnosis right now and youre conditioning your mind to link pleasure to solving your problem. But youre so busy laughing, I swear this will be the most fun youll ever have improving yourself!
10. Give Yourself Positive Suggestions When youre ready to end the laughter session, heres what to do. Give yourself suggestions that, Anytime something troubles me, I can have this laughter anytime I want and will laugh inside my heart and mind and it wont bother me. Say, As I come out of this laughter meditation, I will feel absolutely wonderful with no side effects. I will feel fantastic, refreshed, and rejuvenated as if I had just woken up from a restful 2-hour nap. Dont get hung up on the exact words Im giving you. Give yourself the basic message.
11. Come Out Of The Laughter Meditation Count yourself out of self-hypnosis. Tell yourself, Im going to count from 1 to 5 and by the time I reach 5 I will be fully aware and awake, feeling sensational. 1 .feeling good 2 coming back here now 3 taking a deep breath 4 feeling even better and 5 eyes open wide awake feel great now! At this point, open your eyes and youll be done.
That, my friend, is how to feel great every day for the rest of your life. It looks long and a little drawn out as I describe it yet its alarmingly simple for you to do. And once you do it the first time, youll be hooked. Its true. Who wouldnt want to feel absolutely sensational with no side effects?
What youre doing is tapping into your natural ability to laugh. The merchants who sell drugs and peddle alcohol should be quaking in their boots right now. The laughter meditation will squash the need for those side-effect-laden products.
Nobody can touch the laughter meditation. Nothing can beat it. Its the ultimate experience. I know I might be crazy to release the laughter meditation to the general public. Im putting my reputation on the line here to share this with you.
Some people who wont think twice about chugging a six-pack of brew to get wasted (and feel good) will dismiss the laughter mediation as bizarre. Its a shame. And its their loss. What a funny world we live in.
But I thought to myself, Screw it. The laughter meditation is truly too great to not share with you. If you like, I will create a product (an audio CD) that will lead you through this process and have you rolling on the floor with almost uncontrollable laughter and feeling on top of the world. Let me hear from you if you want this or what your results have been with doing your own laughter meditation.
As an aside, did you of the untold health benefits to laughing? Norman Cousins, in his book Anatomy Of An Illness explained how he laughed himself back from deaths door (after suffering from a terminal illness) just by watching funny movies, laughing hard, and taking vitamin C.
So youre getting bonus health benefits too doing this laughter meditation.
Im off to do a laughter meditation.
Kent Sayre is an author of Unstoppable Confidence. Celebrity authors Brian Tracy, Robert Allen, and Jim Rohn have endorsed the book and its sold over 31,000 copies. Kent is also the creator of Hypnosis MP3's which you can download immediately to change your life.
BY KENT SAYRE: